Vision and Values
- I challenge myself
- I aim high, and I’m not put off if things seem hard
- I know what excellence looks like and strive to achieve it
- I’m imaginative – I like ideas, and I like other people’s ideas
- I know about different places in the world
- I’m good at coming up with different possibilities
- I get on well with other people
- I’m proud of what I do well, I’m proud of my school and I know where I’m going
- I’ll help you shine too!
Reach Higher. See Further. Shine Brighter.
Working collaboratively with our community to raise aspirations and achieve excellence in our ever changing world.
Our school motto “Reach Higher. See Further. Shine Brighter” reflects our understanding and beliefs. We aim to
Reach Higher– by setting ourselves targets and having high expectations
See Further – by being open to new ideas and new opportunities
Shine Brighter – by being proud of our achievements, and helping each other to succeed
Our ethos at Peel Park Primary School combines the traditional values of respect, trust and pride alongside outward thinking approaches for making learning limitless. We have the highest expectations of pupil attainment, teacher performance and parental involvement and we encourage everyone to strive for excellence, in order to achieve potential. We want our children to care for others, to have enquiring minds, understand how they learn, communicate with confidence and a desire to strive for success. We seek challenge and embrace change in order to improve
We aim to create a happy, caring environment in which children develop self-confidence and independence and are encouraged to be considerate and show respect for others, while reaching their true potential.
- To be a safe and secure place for all
- To ensure everyone feels valued and respected and has an equal chance to do their best
- To understand and meet all children’s individual needs, especially those of vulnerable pupils
- To provide a rich and vibrant learning environment, where pupils experience a relevant broad and balanced curriculum
- To ensure pupils acquire knowledge, understanding and life skills and so become informed, self-motivated and reflective members of the community ready to celebrate the contributions and achievements of all.
- To empower children to understand how they learn and maximize this potential
- To embrace change and be flexible in its approach to learning
- To promote a holistic approach to well-being and healthier lifestyles enabling everybody to be able to generate well-being outcomes for themselves
- To have high expectations of behaviour to ensure the learning environment promotes freedom to discover, explore and create.
- To foster respect and promote positive attitudes towards religions, develop spiritually and acquire moral values, and an awareness and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help pupils understand the world in which they live and play an active role as a global citizen.
Our staff and children are encouraged to have the highest expectations of themselves and others. The golden thread that runs through our school is our ten core values. Our school assemblies focus on our school values and we choose a different value each month. We know that we show our values in our behavior and our actions each and every day.
Alongside our core values, we also promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
The Department for Education introduced a statutory duty for schools to promote British Values more actively from September 2014, and to ensure they are taught in schools and we ensure our values support the wider British Values. Actively promoting the values means everyone challenging opinions or behaviours in school that are contrary to fundamental British values.
Peel Park Primary School is committed to serving its community. It recognises the multi-cultural, multi-faith and ever-changing nature of the United Kingdom. It also understands the vital role it has in ensuring that groups or individuals within the school are not subjected to intimidation or radicalisation by those wishing to unduly, or illegally, influence them. We follow equal opportunities guidance which guarantees that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status, or similar. Peel Park Primary School is dedicated to preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal, examined curriculum and ensuring that it promotes and reinforces British values to all its students.