Vision & Values
We aim to create a happy, caring environment in which children develop self-confidence and independence. We encourage all of our children to be considerate, show respect for others while reaching their true potential.
We want all of our pupils to build on their knowledge and skills in every subject as they progress through school. This knowledge, together with the strong core values which we discuss and share regularly, will enable all of our children to access the wider opportunities that will be open to them.
Be ready. Be respectful. Be safe.
Peel Park Primary School is committed to serving its community. It recognises the multicultural, multi-faith and ever-changing nature of the United Kingdom. Peel Park Primary School is dedicated to preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal, examined curriculum and ensuring that it promotes and reinforces British values to all its students.
Our ethos at Peel Park Primary School combines the traditional values of respect, trust and pride alongside approaches for making learning limitless. We have the highest expectations of pupil attainment, teacher performance and parental involvement and we encourage everyone to strive for excellence, in order to achieve potential. We want our children to care for others, to have enquiring minds, understand how they learn, communicate with confidence and a desire to strive for success. We seek challenge and embrace change in order to improve.
- To be a safe and secure place for all
- To ensure everyone feels valued and respected and has an equal chance to do their best
- To understand and meet all children’s individual needs, especially those of vulnerable pupils
- To provide a rich and vibrant learning environment, where pupils experience a relevant broad and balanced curriculum
- To ensure pupils acquire knowledge, understanding and life skills and so become informed, self-motivated and reflective members of the community ready to celebrate the contributions and achievements of all.
- To empower children to understand how they learn and maximize this potential
- To embrace change and be flexible in its approach to learning
- To promote a holistic approach to well-being and healthier lifestyles enabling everybody to be able to generate well-being outcomes for themselves
- To have high expectations of behaviour to ensure the learning environment promotes freedom to discover, explore and create.
- To foster respect and promote positive attitudes towards religions, develop spiritually and acquire moral values, and an awareness and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help pupils understand the world in which they live and play an active role as a global citizen.
Our staff and children are encouraged to have the highest expectations of themselves and others. The golden thread that runs through our school is our core values. Our school assemblies focus on our school values and we choose a different value each month. We know that we show our values in our behaviour and our actions each and every day.